This post will be brief but, I don't think I can conclude this blog without mentioning the insanity that happened in Nairobi since I've left (just one week ago today). Last Saturday, 9/21, The Westgate Mall in Nairobi was attacked. Several people were shot, grenades were thrown, hostages were taken. The death toll went up over the course of the days after the attack was initiated. This evening (9/24) Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta declared the siege over, giving a death toll of 61 civilians and six security officers.
In this lifetime, I will never understand how people can kill in the name of their religion. It will never make sense to me. Rather than waste my energy on that, I will focus it toward thinking about the families of the victims who's lives were taken senselessly and prematurely.
Another reminder of how precious life is. I hope that I never allow myself to forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment